I am a morning person. I apologise. I know its not everyone’s cup of tea. I feel perky and fresh in the morning and often get cranky if I am up too late. So with that said I LOVE breakfast.
Going for brunch is my all-time favourite thing to do. I am slowly making my way round all the great coffee and eggs that London has to offer.
When I’m not brunching it up around the city my ‘go to breakfast’ is either a smoothie or pancakes/waffles.
My pancakes and waffles are delicious and MEGA healthy. They ultimately consist of TWO INGREDIENTS. I know right. And you can play around with them to your hearts content – adding fruit in the summer and cinnamon for a Christmassy twist. The mix is exactly the same for both the pancakes and the waffles. Waffles obviously take a little more effort because you have to take the waffle iron out but the advantage is you can make extras to pop in the toaster the next morning (or bring to work to snack on).
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 1 spoon of crushed almonds
- 1 spoon of buckwheat flour
Lets get creative:
- Few blueberries
- Maca/Cacoa Powder
- Combine the banana and egg with whatever extras you want into a Nutribullet and blitz for a few seconds
- If you are making pancakes then heat some coconut oil in a pan and, once hot, pour your mixture forming small bitesize pancakes
- If you are making waffles then fire up your waffle maker and the pour mixture in once you get the green light
- Serve with some honey and fresh berries